Close

    • California to have highest nationwide gas prices by far when new gas tax kicks in July 1st

      Californians had the opportunity to repeal a gas tax that added 12 cents per gallon to their gasoline. They failed to do so and now the state is levying another tax on top of that increase of 5.6 cents per gallon.


      That means starting July 1st Californians will pay on average $1.20 more per gallon than the nationwide price for gas.

      How long until yet another tax is levied on? At this rate, not long at all.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: California to have highest nationwide gas prices by far when new gas tax kicks in July 1st started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        And for the final insult, it is ACN crap gas.
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        I love my E85.
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        The environment and your engine love E85 too Click here to enlarge
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        The environment and your engine love E85 too Click here to enlarge
        Yes, I agree!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Tuning all my cars for E85, F this.
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Tuning all my cars for E85, F this.
        and let’s get some more e85 pumps in California!
      1. billvp's Avatar
        billvp -
        need taxes to pay for the illegals
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by billvp Click here to enlarge
        need taxes to pay for the illegals
        Click here to enlarge

        What's the alternative though? Any money we would save from taxes will just go to the higher cost of goods & services if we pay Americans for those jobs.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        Click here to enlarge

        What's the alternative though? Any money we would save from taxes will just go to the higher cost of goods & services if we pay Americans for those jobs.
        Who says you have to buy higher priced goods?
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Who says you have to buy higher priced goods?
        What's your reasoning for not having to buy higher priced goods?

        The corporations that sell the goods that people buy everyday will raise prices to keep their profits stable, so unless everyone is planning to change what they eat, wear, etc. they will have to buy higher priced goods and services.

        Only about 10% have criminal records beyond the initial border crossing, deport those first, which we are doing. Which is great.

        The rest, law abiding illegals Click here to enlarge, came here to work, and its also the fault of the companies that hire illegal labor. in other countries the penalties are MUCH harsher for hiring illegal immigrants. Guess what that does to their illegal immigration issues?

        A work permit and pathway to citizenship is the only way. Put them on probation since they broke the law crossing the border, monitor them, if they continue to break the law, deport them. If they stay compliant (taxes, crime free) for however long we agree, then give them a pathway to becoming a citizen.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bowser330 Click here to enlarge
        The corporations that sell the goods that people buy everyday will raise prices to keep their profits stable, so unless everyone is planning to change what they eat, wear, etc. they will have to buy higher priced goods and services.
        Maybe they will have to cut salaries of the fat cats and actually compete for labor pricing by paying Americans?
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Maybe they will have to cut salaries of the fat cats and actually compete for labor pricing by paying Americans?
        that would be amazing and I hope they do that. Fat cats are plenty fat.