Close

    • Ferrari launches 2020 Roma GT with 612 horsepower twin turbo V8 and 8-speed dual clutch transmission

      Where did this come from? Ferrari seemingly pulled a new GT car out of nowhere. This is a vehicle that shares the California T wheelbase and an F154 twin turbo V8 variant so apparently the idea was to make a GT 2+2 coupe version of the California T or Portofino platform.


      It is lighter than the hardtop convertible models. The dry weight is stated to be 3254 pounds. Does that mean we are looking at a 34XX pound Ferrari? If so, it will be around Porsche 992 weight.

      With a fairly light 2+2 configuration, 612 horsepower, 560 lb-ft of torque, and a new 8-speed dual clutch transmission shared with the SF90 supercar this could be the best performer for the money in its segment. It might be uncomfortably close to the 812 Superfast.

      What will it cost? Nobody yet knows. Let's hope the pricing is aggressive.






      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2020 Ferrari Roma Revealed - New GT Car started by nbrigdan View original post
      Comments 43 Comments
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        @Sticky it's not a 2+2, and Ferrari announced they were releasing 3 new models in 2019 earlier this year.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky it's not a 2+2, and Ferrari announced they were releasing 3 new models in 2019 earlier this year.
        I read 2+?

        Well, this thing caught me off-guard!
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        That’s a big leap forward for Ferrari in terms of design language. Not sure about those headlights, but the rest of it looks pretty interesting.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        That’s a big leap forward for Ferrari in terms of design language. Not sure about those headlights, but the rest of it looks pretty interesting.
        The rear is better than the front. More colors will help. Black would be amazing.

        Need to know pricing but hopefully it undercuts the DB11.
      1. BLKROKT's Avatar
        BLKROKT -
        Yeah I was going to say that about the rear too. But if you squint at it, from a distance it looks a bit too much like a Camaro or C8 rear....
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        You sure on $400k?
        I was referring to it undercutting the 812 price (most new 812s optioned somewhere in the 400+ range).
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
        I was referring to it undercutting the 812 price (most new 812s optioned somewhere in the 400+ range).
        Noticed aftewards, thanks.

        If this matches the McLaren GT...
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BLKROKT Click here to enlarge
        Yeah I was going to say that about the rear too. But if you squint at it, from a distance it looks a bit too much like a Camaro or C8 rear....
        You can say that about all Corvette rear lights over the years.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Rumor is $225k. They have my attention.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky it's not a 2+2, and Ferrari announced they were releasing 3 new models in 2019 earlier this year.
        It's a 2+2
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        I think it’s beautiful. And this is how the C8’s rear lights should have looked vs something that seems glued on from the Camaro’s parts bin.

        -Rich
      1. F16HTON's Avatar
        F16HTON -
        God that car is gorgeous
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        @Sticky - looks like the “thumb up” and “thumb down” are missing. At least on safari.

        -Rich
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky - looks like the “thumb up” and “thumb down” are missing. At least on safari.

        -Rich
        Missing on Chrome too.
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        Rumor is $225k. They have my attention.
        Attachment 59809

        225k for a car that looks this good...somehow seems like a bargain.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky - looks like the “thumb up” and “thumb down” are missing. At least on safari.

        -Rich
        Fixed.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
        225k for a car that looks this good...somehow seems like a bargain.
        The front just doesn't hit me like the rear.

        I need to see it in person.

        Wish it was more like the 812:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        The headlight design makes more sense when the car is on:

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        It's a 2+2
        It's a 2 seater, and this is the last of 5 new models Ferrari promised to release this year...not 3. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/14/...-more-details/
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        It's a 2 seater, and this is the last of 5 new models Ferrari promised to release this year...not 3.
        I know it's a 2 seater but it does have small seats behind just a Porsche.